Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday - An Ordinary Day?

I was talking with a friend of mine a few days ago and she was sharing a few of the things going on in her life. Her main concerns were for her children who are causing her many gray hairs.

As our conversation came to an end, she said she was counting down the days until her children went off to college. She was kidding, but when she said it, I was reminded of a video I have seen many times and have shown at many different women's events.

The video is of Katrina Kenison sharing from her book The Gift of An Ordinary Day. I love the video because it reminds me that the Joy is in the Journey. Our children will always give us reasons to be frustrated with them, but if we remind ourselves that our time to raise, shape, and mold them into the people that we hope and pray they will become, we will appreciate those moments of frustration so much more.

Your Girlfriend,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment