Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Lent Experiment - Day 15

Happy Wednesday my lenten friends!! Today is day fifteen of The Lent Experiment and a few of you have complained that the choices have been too easy. With that in mind, I hope you find these to be a bit harder. Good luck!

Your choices for today are:

1 - Stop being apathetic – it’s the disease of our generation in the West! Check out Compassion International and consider sponsoring a child. For a mere $38 dollars a month, you can ensure that a child living in poverty has the opportunity to eat each day and attend school. Start changing the world, one child at a time!!

- or -

2 - Volunteer to do something. Babysit for a single mother so they get time to be alone, look into helping at a local school or local food pantry. Be inventive!

Your Girlfriend,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I liked the "easy" ones better, only because I had to consciously do them all day long. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to sponsor a child right now, although I would love to. My medical bills alone prevent that.I am looking into volunteering at the PSC of Canton though, I'd like to be able to talk to scared pregnant women, to let them know it'll all be okay, because I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kelsey, they can not all be easy! I try to make them mostly easy for the reason you stated, so that we can be conscious about them all day. However, if we truly want to improve the world around us, we have to work towards those changes, and those things cost us in another way - through our time. I think you would be a great fit at the PSC - I could definitely see you there!!

    ReplyDelete