Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Fun...

If you live in Northeast Ohio, you know that we have had one snow day after another! The weather outside is truly frightful, and for some moms, the weather inside can be frightful too! I personally love having my kids close and cozy with me, but currently, chaos is my middle name! As moms, we have to be quick on our feet and find ways to entertain our little ones. This is when I tap into my inner child. I just think, hmmm, if I was five or six, what would I want to do today. Then the ideas normally start flowing. Thought I would share a couple of fun things we do at our house to beat the winter blues.

How about bringing the snow into the house for some winter fun? Go outside and scoop up a few bowls of snow. Next, grab some ice, water, measuring cups, more bowls, and let everyone go to town playing at the kitchen table. Make sure you have plenty of towels handy! We create glaciers, let the boats go in the water, and just have fun with the snow.

Turn your kitchen into a bakery. We have this amazing neighbor who plows our driveway. My kids and I bake and bake cookies and brownies to hand out to neighbors or share with each other. They love to cook and this is great entertainment for them. Of course we have to break out the hot chocolate after our bake fest.

The other day my kids gave me an idea. My daughter said, "I sure wish we had a pool." I told her, "Well we don't have a pool, but we do have a bath tub!" So we mixed up the pink lemonade, put on the bathing suits, and broke out the beach towels. They had great time playing in the tub with bubbles, silly putty, fun foam, and each other!

I know you guys have an inner child in you too! Listen to it. Then, let us know what your inner child would like to do on a cold winter day!

Your girlfriend,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment