Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Lent Experiment - Day 4

Day Four here at The Lent Experiment. How's it going? It is going nice on my end. I did the smiley face on someone's desk the other day and happened to walk by while they were staring at it - with a smile on their face. I don't think they have a clue who did it and I must admit, I like it that way!

Your choices for today are:

1 - Smile at, say please and thank you, and be generally lovely to anyone who serves you today. The barista at the coffee shop, waiters, waitresses, cashiers, etc… It's a pretty rubbish job when people are mean, so take a moment to consciously be nice.

2 - Make breakfast in bed for someone. It might just be coffee and a piece of toast or you could go all out an make pancakes and bacon. Heck, it might even be a bloody mary and eggs benedict. Make whatever you think your recipient would most like. I bet whatever you make, they will feel loved!

Have a great day!

Your Girlfriend,
Michelle

PS - We currently have fifty people registered for The Lent Experiment on Facebook and we have some new followers on the blog. I think that is awesome since we just started this a few days ago! I have gotten a few emails about how to register for The Lent Experiment on Facebook, so I will do my best to guide you there. If you are on Facebook, search for Girlfriends With Grace. Once that pops up, click on the tab that says Events and then click on The Lent Experiment. Once that page open, to the rightish is a box that says RSVP. Just click on attending, and you are golden! I hope that is clear enough. Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Today's was pretty easy. I consciously try to be nice to cashiers/waiters/etc because I once worked at Victoria's Secret...I know how mean people can be.
    The breakfast in bed thing...Justin gets up before me, always. But I did buy him some often requested nachos and cheese for snack time before bed. It was as close as I could get. :)

    ReplyDelete