Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last Minute Mother's Day Ideas


If you are like me, this year is flying by and, oops, it is Mother's Day. For us mom's this is a great time for us! Time to be spoiled and pampered. One thing I have learned though, is there are many women in my life I also want to honor. Of course I have no real plans of how to do this! If I was super organized, I would have scrapbooks made for them, or a personalized recipe book. Since I have done none of these things, I needed some ideas! And Fast! If you are in the same boat as me, (the one that has already left the dock, but one of my feet is still on the dock!) then here are some ideas for you.

Last Minute Ideas:
  1. Make a gourmet food basket. Go to the grocery and buy foods you would not normally splurge on: cheese spreads, crackers, nuts, jams, fresh fruits. Buy a nice basket and wrap in cellophane.
  2. Pick up a nice plant for the yard. I love this gift!
  3. Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries! Enough said on that one.
  4. Make some bath scrubs. Put them in nice jars and tie with ribbon. Check out this website: Do It Yourself Bath Recipes
  5. Make some soup or cookie jar starter kits. Check out this website: Gifts in a Jar
  6. Give a gift card for a free house cleaning. What woman would not love this?
  7. Write a personal letter to this person. Tell them how they have inspired you to be a better woman.
  8. If the lady has young children, offer to watch her kids. She can enjoy some free "free" time.
  9. Leave a little bag of chocolates in her desk, purse, etc.
  10. Take her dinner one night next week.
There are so many special women in our lives! I have to say I have many! I have an amazing grandma. She is 86 and is still a sales director in Mary Kay! My other grandma was an inspiration to many and now is resting in heaven. I am constantly reminded of patience by the way Tim's grandma lives her life. My aunt is one of my dearest friends and counselors! I have numerous girlfriends who teach me each day to live life to the fullest and don't sweat the small stuff! But my mom, she is my best friend! I never would have said this 20 years ago, now I can't imagine a day with out her.

Take a minute today to think about all those women who make you life truly great!

Your girlfriend,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment